Preferred Plan Enhancements (02-14-19)
Since the last public meeting, the Terrebonne Refinement Plan project team has continued to meet with stakeholders and property and business owners in the greater Terrebonne Community to better understand their concerns and ideas for enhancing the couplet plan, which is the preferred alternative. Based on this feedback, the project team has recommended the following enhancements to the Project Management Team:
- 10th Avenue Frontage Road Extension and Southern Community Intersection – To better serve the properties and improve safety south of the Terrebonne commercial area, a new intersection with northbound and southbound left-turn lanes would be developed serving an extended 10th Avenue frontage road and Crescent Moon Ranch. See Modified South Portal Here
- New 12th Street Connection between “A” and “C” Avenues – To provide local access to businesses and a continuous eastside north-south local street system (via 12th, 16th, and 13th , the existing irrigation canal will be capped with a new local street connection. See 12th Street (A to C Avenue) Here
- Future Southerly Local Street Connection from “A” Avenue will be moved from 15th Street to 12th Street – This future low priority street connection will be relocated from 15th Street to 12th Street to take advantage of the New 12th Street Connection. See Local Street Connections Here
- Central Avenue Improvements – To facilitate the u-turn movements at Central Avenue, the roadway will be upgraded and include curbs and sidewalks. See Central Avenue Here
- Consider On-Street Parking and Truck Loading Areas along Northbound and Southbound US97 – The project team will coordinate with property owners to consider locations where potential on-street parking and loading may make sense during the final design process.
Posted February 14th, 2019